My friend Susan brought her go-to pot roast to our neighborhood Bunco Christmas party last week. She served the pot roast as sliders and it was delicious. I knew I had to make it and share it on my blog.
This pot roast is perfect for this time of year when you are busy with holiday preparations and don’t have time to cook.
Peperoncini Pot Roast Recipe
Four ingredients is all it takes to make this delicious pot roast. It is easy and flavorful.
Pot Roast Ingredients
Beef Chuck Boneless Pot Roast
One Jar Peperoncini Peppers, including juice
Good Seasons Zesty Italian Dressing Packet
Use the Good Seasons Italian Dressing packet as a dry rub for the roast. Rub on both sides of roast before browning.
Add some olive oil to your pan and once hot, add the roast to brown on both sides.
Place roast in crock pot. Add any brown bits and olive oil left in the pan for additional flavor. Add one jar of Peperoncini Peppers and the juice.
Cover and cook on low in the crock pot for 8 hours.
The roast will be very tender and flavorful and the peppers will be soft.
Once your roast is cooked, you can serve it many ways.
1. Serve as traditional pot roast with mashed potatoes
2. Shred and serve with a little juice from the crock pot over polenta, grits or egg noodles.
3. Make slider sandwiches for a crowd as shown above. It goes well with the King’s Hawaiian Sweet Rolls. Shred the roast and pile it on the slider buns. Add a pepper on top.
4. Serve the roast in hot sandwiches with cheese.
Peperoncini Pot Roast Melts
With my leftover pot roast I made Peperoncini Pot Roast Sandwiches with Provolone cheese. My husband and I loved them.
1. Pre-heat the broiler. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Open your slider or sandwich buns. Lightly spray the buns with olive oil Pam.
2. Pile on the shredded beef and a pepper or two (stems removed).
3. Top with Provolone Cheese.
4. Broil until the cheese melts and the buns toasted. When I broil, I leave my oven door propped open about six inches. It doesn’t take long to toast the buns or melt the cheese.
I like to anchor my sandwiches with Stainless Steel Picks or toothpicks. You can find these stainless picks at Tabletop Trends. Use Coupon Code OMG20 for 20% off your order.
Serve your sandwiches with chips and you have a quick lunch or casual dinner.
Do you have a favorite go-to meal at this time of year?