My cousin Nada makes this Fabulous Feta Dip for our family and it’s one of my favorites. Earlier this week I took it to a summer party and my friends loved it. It’s so easy to make and the bright colors make a beautiful presentation.
I like using a combination of red and yellow tomatoes for extra color. The best way to serve this feta dip is with fresh pita bread, cut into small wedges. You can also serve it with pita crackers.
Note: The ingredient that makes this Feta Dip so fabulous is Za’atar, a Lebanese spice. It’s tangy and adds great flavor. You can purchase it at a Middle Eastern Grocery store or on-line at Maureen Abood Market. You can also make your own. Here’s a Za’atar Recipe from 101 Cookbooks.
Fabulous Feta Dip Recipe
This recipe couldn’t be any easier! No baking required which is great during hot summer months. The dip consists of five simple layers. The first two layers are crumbled feta cheese and chopped tomatoes.
Next, sprinkle za’atar over the tomatoes and drizzle olive oil over the whole dish.
Add sliced green onions and you will have a fantastic dip that is full of flavor!
- 2 bricks of Feta Cheese
- yellow grape tomatoes, chopped in quarters
- red grape tomatoes, chopped in quarters
- good quality olive oil
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- Pita bread
- Rinse bricks of Feta Cheese and pat dry with paper towel. Crumble into serving platter.
- Add chopped yellow tomatoes on one side of platter, red tomatoes on the other half.
- Drizzle olive oil over tomatoes.
- Lightly sprinkle tomatoes with Za'atar.
- Top with sliced green onions.
- Serve with pita bread wedges or pita crackers.